Thursday, February 25, 2016
Sunday, February 14, 2016
Saturday, February 13, 2016
How To Install Sublime Text 3
(Build 3103) On The Most Popular Linux Systems
Sublime Text is a cross-platform source code editor with a Python application programming interface (API). It natively supports many programming languages and markup languages, and its functionality can be extended by users with plugins, typically community-built and maintained under free-software licenses.
Features :The following is a list of features of Sublime Text:
- "Goto Anything," quick navigation to files, symbols, or lines
- "Command palette" uses adaptive matching for quick keyboard invocation of arbitrary commands
- Simultaneous editing: simultaneously make the same interactive changes to multiple selected areas
- Python-based plugin API
- Project-specific preferences
- Extensive customizability via JSON settings files, including project-specific and platform-specific settings
- Cross platform (Windows, OS X, Linux)
- Compatible with many language grammars from TextMate
Sublime Text is one of the best and light weight text editor or IDE I've used ever. It's simple , fast, amazing performance, extendable through plugins. Sublime Text 3 is right now in beta. The latest build is 3103.
Here i am going to show how to install this latest build of sublime text on different Linux systems.
Installing Sublime Text On Ubuntu (14.04 and later) and Ubuntu based systems
for 32 bit systems
cd && wget https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3103_i386.deb && sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3103_i386.deb
For 64 bit systems
cd && wget https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3103_amd64.deb && sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3103_amd64.deb
For Other Linux Systems :
For 32 bit systems
Extract the Sublime Text .tar file:
tar vxjf sublime_text_3_build_3103_x32.tar.bz2
For 64 bit systems
Extract the Sublime Text .tar file:
tar vxjf sublime_text_3_build_3103_x64.tar.bz2
Now we should move the uncompressed files to an appropriate location.
sudo mv Sublime\ Text\ 3 /opt/
Lastly, we create a symbolic link to use at the command line.
sudo ln -s /opt/Sublime\ Text\ 3/sublime_text /usr/bin/sublime
In Ubuntu, if you also want to add Sublime Text to the Unity luncher, read on.
First we need to create a new file(.desktop file).
sudo sublime /usr/share/applications/sublime.desktop
Then copy the following into it.
[Desktop Entry] Version=1.0 Type=Application Name=Sublime Text GenericName=Text Editor Comment=Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose Exec=/opt/sublime_text/sublime_text %F Terminal=false MimeType=text/plain; Icon=sublime-text Categories=TextEditor;Development; StartupNotify=true Actions=Window;Document; [Desktop Action Window] Name=New Window Exec=/opt/sublime_text/sublime_text -n OnlyShowIn=Unity; [Desktop Action Document] Name=New File Exec=/opt/sublime_text/sublime_text --command new_file OnlyShowIn=Unity;
If you've registered your copy of Sublime Text, but every time you open it you're asked to enter your license, you should try running this command.
sudo chown -R username:username /home/username/.config /sublime-text-3
Thursday, February 11, 2016
Monday, February 1, 2016
Firefox 45 Beta Released
♥ See What Is New in FF45 ♥
The latest update of Firefox 45 Beta is now available for download and testing with lot of new features and bugfixes.
This update includes GTK3 Integration for Linux and new Synced Tabs button in button bar and more features for developers.
The official stable version of Firefox 45 is planed to release on March 8 2015. Users who are very curious and impatient to see and use new features of firefox 45 can download Firefox 45 beta from official firefox beta channel.
The new features and fixes avilable in FireFox 45 are listed below.. look @ them.. :)
New In Firefox 45
Instant browser tab sharing through Hello
GTK3 integration (GNU/Linux only)
Synced Tabs button in button bar
Tabs synced via Firefox Accounts
from other devices are now shown in dropdown area of Awesome Bar
Introduce a new preference
(network.dns.blockDotOnion) to allow blocking .onion at
the DNS level
- URLs containing a Unicode-format Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) are now properly redirected
- Tab Groups (Panorama) feature removed
Inspector search now matches results from all content in the page, including subframes
Ability to filter snapshot output in memory tool
Support for diffing heap snapshots added to the memory tool
Added Negative url filtering for the network monitor
DOMContentLoaded and load events shown in the network monitor timeline
List of animated properties and keyframes is now displayed when clicking on an animation in the animation-inspector’s timeline
Fine tune animations by changing the playback rate of animations in the animation-inspector's timeline
- How To Fix "Failed To Start Session" Error At Ubuntu Login
- Installing Rust On Ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04
- How To Install And Configure Postfix To Send Mail By Using Gmail As Mail Relay In Ubuntu 16.04 & 14.04
- How to disable/remove "Amazon app" in Ubuntu Linux
- 9 Deadly Commands !! You Should Not Run on Linux
- How To Install Sublime Text 3 (Build 3103) On Windows and OS X
- How To Install & Use Mongodb On Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 LTS
- Installing ElasticSearch On ubuntu 16.04 and 14.04
- How To Install LightTable 0.8.1 On Linux
- ▼ February (6)