Firefox 44 Beta Released
See What Is New
The Firefox team released Firefox 44 beta on 17 Jan 2016 . And now available for download and test.
The official final version of Firefox 44 is scheduled to release on 26 Jan 2016 for all supported platforms.
The open source browser company published a brief report about this beta release, which features a new Warning pages for Untrusted connections and WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don't support MP4/H.264 .
New In Firefox 44
- Improved warning pages for certificate errors and untrusted connections
- Enable WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don't support MP4/H.264
- Enable H.264 if system decoder is available
- To support unicode-range descriptor for webfonts, font matching under Linux now uses the same font matching code as other platforms
- Use a SHA-256 signing certificate for Windows builds, to meet new signing requirements
New Features Available For Developers
- Visual tools for Animation
- Right click on a logged object in the console to store it as a global variable on the page
- Visual tools for Layout and Styles
- New memory tool for inspecting the memory heap
- Jump to function definitions in the debugger with Cmd-Click
- Built-in JSON reader to intuitively view, search, copy and save data without extensions
- Service Workers API
- WebSocket Debugging API and Add-on signing enforcement