Nitroshare: A Cross Platform Tool To Easily Share Your Files On Local Network Between Multiple Devices
We know how difficult(at least for computer newbies) it's to share our files over local network between multiple devices(specially if devices are powered by different operating systems).
To make this file sharing process simple, over local network , there is a cross platform tool/application available named as Nitroshare available for Linux , Windows and OS X.
We can share files over local network by just drag and drop.Note : This program is for sharing files between computers on the same network; it does not work over the Internet.
- Runs on Windows / Mac OS X / Linux
- Automatic discovery of devices on the local network
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Transfer entire directories
- Completely free and open-source
- Easy to use even for computer newbies
You can directly download binaries for Nitroshare from their official website.
(binaries available for Ubuntu 14.04, 14.10 or 15.04, Windows and Mac OS X as well as the source)
Optional: Ubuntu 15.04, 14.10 or 14.04 (and derivatives) users can install NitroShare by using its official PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:george-edison55/nitroshare sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nitroshare
If you find any issue in Nitroshare, you can report @ GitHub
Using Nitroshare :
- Click on Nitroshare Tray icon and select send files/send directory option will show usual file selection dialogue.
- Now select files you want to send.
- Now Nitroshare will automatically detect users/devices on same network.
- You can pick an account which you want to send files.
- You can configure location to receive files using settings option on another computer.
- Thats it.. Enjoy ... ♥ with the spirit of opensource
if you like this article like us on facebook